General Feedback!

A Good Teacher and a memorable lesson!

A Good Teacher and a memorable lesson!

by Mariam Nebieridze -
Number of replies: 7

I would like to carry out a survey and find out what students look for in a teacher. I would appreciate if you can suggest some traits/qualities/abilities necessary for a good teacher.

In addition, I would like to ask you to describe your most memorable lecture or lesson or seminar during studying at the University.

I am looking forward to your contributions!

In reply to Mariam Nebieridze

Re: A Good Teacher and a memorable lesson!

by eka beqauri -
At first a good teacher associates with a good professional for me. The role of teacher is really big and important. Besides being professional of his/her job a good teacher should have some other extra skills. It's better to have a good knowledge in children psychology. Research shows that student motivation and attitudes towards school are closely linked to student-teacher relationships. That's why a good teacher should always have a good relationship with each student. Also teachers that exhibit enthusiasm can lead to such students who are more likely to be interested, engaged and curious about learning the concrete subject. Sometimes my favourite teachers professional duty extended beyond the formal teaching and I liked it:)
In reply to eka beqauri

by ia bezhitashvili -
To my mind a good teacher should be friendly with children. He/She must understand their problems and also help them as it possible. also He/She must be proffesional in his/her job. I think that teachers should make everything that their lessons become interesting and everybody should listen to her/him. I think that teachers dream is that every their lessons will be memorable and to achieve this they should work hard.
In reply to ia bezhitashvili

by Mariam Ramazashvili -
i think that it is very difficult to achieve this status. when we say, that our teacher is good, what we mean?? different people have different ideas and association of that.As for me, good teacher is person (he /she) who can manage and make everything that his or her lessons remains always unforgettable ,memorable for students. to achieve this condition he /she should be qualified ,professional not only in his/her profession,but good teacher should also have such skills of psychologist .
In reply to Mariam Ramazashvili

by mari kelikhashvili -
in my opinion firstly a good teacher must have a big responsibility and she/he will be able to rouse responsibility in each student/pupil, also it's very important point for me that teacher remembers the name of student, it's very pleasure when teacher call you with your name.
In reply to mari kelikhashvili

by mari kelikhashvili -
and professionalism is major demand of course
In reply to mari kelikhashvili

by Mariam Nebieridze -

Mari,

I agree with you that it is very nice when a person remembers our name and uses our name but sometime sit is a bit difficult and confusing so do not judge teachers to strictly in this respect :)

In reply to Mariam Nebieridze

by mari kelikhashvili -
i don't judge this point so stricly but i merely am very pleased when teacher call me with my name :)